We want to start this post by saying fellow Midwesterners...we feel you. We aren't loving this new snow and cold either. It's April 15 for God's sake! Spring WILL come (at least that's what we keep telling ourselves).
Now that we've gotten our complaining out of the way, let's get down to business. Black Garlic Hot Chocolate. I know it's a bit strange to think of any garlic in your drink. But anyone who has ever tried Black Garlic Chocolate Cake will know that this combination is both unique and delicious. The way the black garlic's molasses and balsamic undertones play with chocolate's rich flavors is mouth-watering.
We usually like to bring you recipes that are wholesome and healthy, making your dinner table just a bit more colorful and nutritious, but today is special because it's too cold outside and we think you deserve a treat. Please enjoy this recipe for Black Garlic Hot Chocolate, we hope it makes your snowy day just a bit brighter!
Recipe courtesy of Garlic Matters
Prep time: 2 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 12 mins
- 7oz or 200g semi sweet chocolate, broken up to small pieces
- 2 1/2 cups full fat milk
- 10 black garlic cloves
- scant 1/2 cup hot water
- Place black garlic cloves in a mug, submerge them in hot water and leave to soften for a few minutes.
- Pour the black garlic with water and a good splash of milk into a food processor and process it all until smooth.
- When done, pour it into a saucepan and add remaining milk and chocolate pieces. Stirring it constantly, slowly bring all your hot chocolate ingredients to simmer. When all is melted and well combined, remove the saucepan off the heat.
- Serve your hot chocolate straight away nice and hot.