Happy hump day, everyone! We had snow on the ground just a few short weeks ago (has it even been that long?) so naturally we are ready 👏 for 👏 summer.
Black garlic combines so well with the juicy fruit of summer...adding a little extra bite to the sweetness that's unexpected and unique. We know it's not peach season yet, so put this one in your back pocket until those juicy farmers market peaches are here.
This meal is perfect for those outside evening meals. Combine this with the perfect salad and you'll dine like kings and queens!
Thanks to the Savory Spice Shop for this delicious recipe!
- 1 (15 oz.) can peaches in light syrup
- 1 tsp. Ground Ancho Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Aji Amarillo Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground "True" Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 Organic Black Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients, except for chicken breasts, in a blender. Puree until well combined. Reserve half of puree mixture for sauce. In a food storage bag, combine chicken breasts with half of puree and shake well to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 min. per side, or until it reaches a 165-degree internal temperature. Warm sauce in pan to desired temperature. Spoon sauce over chicken breast and serve.