Sometimes in the depths of winter, it's really nice to get a wistful taste of the warmer weather to come. In this case we're dreaming of cookouts, spending time at the lake (yes, we're from Wisconsin), and sipping on a Fat Squirrel from New Glarus Brewing. Here's to sincerely hoping this side dish transports us to summer.
Author: Sylvia Fountaine | Feasting at Home Blog
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 4 servings
- 24 oz = 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 4 T oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T chives
- 2-3 T fresh dill, cilantro, Italian parsley or tarragon.
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 T fresh dill
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T finely chopped onion or shallot
- salt, pepper, sugar
- Preheat grill to med high heat.
- Blanch potatoes in salted boiling water, until just tender, about 10-15 minutes, depending on size.
- Mash black garlic with a fork with salt and 1 T oil, until it become a chunky paste. Add the remaining oil, vinegar, and pepper.
- Strain the tender potatoes, and toss with 1 T of the vinaigrette, just enough to lightly coat. Grill the potatoes until nicely charred.
- Toss with the rest of the vinaigrette, and fresh herbs.
- Serve with dilled sour cream
- To make dill sour cream: whisk one cup sour cream with a little lemon zest, squeeze of ½ a lemon, 2-3 T fresh dill, 1 T chopped shallot, salt and pepper to taste, and pinch of sugar.