Peach Chile Chicken with Black Garlic - Shared by Savory Spice Shop
Prep Time: 15 minutes + 3-4 hours marinating time | Cook Time: 5-7 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 (15 oz.) can peaches in light syrup
- 1 tsp. Ground Ancho Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Aji Amarillo Chiles
- 1/2 tsp. Ground "True" Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Smoked Spanish Sweet Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 Organic Black Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients, except for chicken breasts, in a blender. Puree until well combined. Reserve half of puree mixture for sauce. In a food storage bag, combine chicken breasts with half of puree and shake well to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and heat grill to medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 min. per side, or until it reaches a 165-degree internal temperature. Warm sauce in pan to desired temperature. Spoon sauce over chicken breast and serve.
Avocado Toast with Black Garlic - Shared by the Pinterest Community
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 1-2
- 2 Slices of bread of choice
- 2 Black Garlic cloves
- 1 Avocado
- Half a lemon
- Bee pollen (optional)
- Salt, Pepper, Chili flakes & Cayenne to flavor
Toast your two slices of bread. Spread on a layer of tahini and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Crush black garlic, and spread on top of tahini. Slice avocado and lay across toast. Drizzle ample lemon on top. Sprinkle over a light spread of bee pollen. Season with salt, pepper & chili flakes to taste.
Crispy Egg Breakfast Tacos + Black Garlic Pineapple Salsa - Shared by Prichard Farms
Prep time: 10 mins | Total time: 10 mins
- 1 Ripe Pineapple
- 2 Med. Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Head Black Garlic
- 1 Sm. - Med. Bunch Cilantro
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lime
- Butter, Lard or Oil
- Corn Tortillas
- Large Eggs
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Finely dice pineapple, tomatoes and onion.
- Peel and finely chop black garlic, being careful not to smash it.
- Remove Cilantro stems, chop leaves.
- Combine all of the above in a bowl or large jar, squeeze juice of the lime overtop. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Mix well. Chill. (Best after flavors have had a few hours to a day to intermingle.)
- In a large fry or cast iron pan, heat your cooking fat -- a couple pats of butter or lard, or a couple "glugs" of your favorite oil -- until a few drops of water flicked into the pan makes the oil crackle and pop.
- Add your tortillas, frying on each side for a minute or so, until they begin to brown and crisp. Transfer them to a plate.
- Immediately, using the same hot oil, crack your eggs into the pan. The oil and pan should be so hot that the whites immediately solidify when they hit the pan. Sprinkle the top of the egg with coarse salt while it cooks. It is ready to turn when it naturally pulls way from the pan without prying. This only takes a minute or two, the whites will be browned and crispy around the edges. Flip, repeating the process of browning and crisping the whites on the other side, cooking just a thin layer over the yolk, but leaving it runny.
- Transfer the eggs to the plate, placing one on top of each tortilla. Top with pineapple salsa and enjoy!
Black Garlic Noodles with Golden Beets and Radicchio - Shared by the Pinterest Community
Prep Time: 25 - 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 3
- udon noodles for 3
- 2 tbl coconut or canola oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio, cored, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 5 black garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 golden beet, peeled
- 1/2 bunch scallions, green parts only, roughly chopped
- 3 tbl roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbl roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbl sesame seeds
- 3 tbl tamari
- 1 1/2 tbl mirin
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Cook the udon noodles according to your package directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, saute the red bell pepper and radicchio in coconut oil over medium heat for 7 minutes until the radicchio has wilted and the bell pepper is tender. Season lightly with salt. Add the garlic and toast 2-3 minutes more.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauteed vegetables. Toss to combine and add the dressing ingredients. Toss once more to coat the pasta.
- Plate up the pasta and use a vegetable peeler to shave off thin slices of beets on top. Garnish with scallions, cilantro, basil and sesame seeds.
Salmon with Black Garlic Glaze - Shared by Garlic Matters
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 12 mins | Total time: 22 mins | Serves: 2
- 250 g salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 Black Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- wedges of lemon to serve
- Season salmon with salt & pepper.
- Smash black garlic with a fork or a side of a knife's blade, until it turns into a rough paste. Add all remaining ingredients and reduce this mixture in a pan on a slow heat so it starts to bubble and becomes noticeably thicker (about 5-7 minutes).
- Place your salmon in the pan with the garlic sauce and fry for 10-12 minutes, coating it with the sauce during cooking.
Beef, Ale and Black Garlic Pie - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 4 hours | Servings: 4
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup ale
- 1 cup homemade beef or store-bought low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Black Garlic Puree
- 1 pound frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until lightly smoking. Add half of beef and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from pot, reheat oil, and repeat with remaining beef. Remove beef from pot and add onion, carrot, thyme, rosemary, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring until onions are translucent and mushrooms have released their liquid, about 8 minutes.
Return meat to pot and add ale, stock, and Black Garlic Puree. Bring to a boil, reduce to a bare simmer, cover, and cook until meat is tender, about 2 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a container to cool. Cooled filling can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to three days before assembling.
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 400°F. Cut puff pastry in half. Roll each half into a 1/4-inch thick square large enough to be draped into a 9-inch pie pan. Transfer one half to pie pan. Place the cooled meat filling in the pie shell, brush the edges with beaten egg and place the remaining pastry over filling, trimming any bits of pastry that fall over the edges of the pie dish and pinch the edges gently with your fingers to seal.
Cut a few steam vents in the top of the pie and brush with beaten egg, bake in preheated oven until pastry is golden brown, about 50 minutes. Allow pie to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Pasta Al Pomodoro - Shared by the PINTERESt Community
Prep Time: 25-30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 6-8
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 Black Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 796 mL can plum tomatoes
- 450 gram package spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Grated parmesan cheese
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high. Add oil, then garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 min. Add tomatoes and their juice, breaking tomatoes into bite-sized chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 min.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, until al dente. Drain.
Add pasta to tomato sauce. Stir to coat. Remove from heat. Let stand until pasta absorbs sauce, 2 to 3 min. Sprinkle with basil and parmesan just before serving.
Black Garlic Burgers with Parmesan Crisps and Grilled Pineapple - Shared By BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 75 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 6-8
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 3 lbs short ribs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Black Garlic Puree
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Start by cutting your meat into 1 inch cubes. Place the cubes on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and place into the freezer along with your food processor blade for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, pulse the meat into the food processor until it is ground. Add your egg yolks, black garlic puree, salt and pepper, and mix to combine (see those delicious swirls of Black Garlic Puree in those patties?! YUM).
Form your patties, and depress them slightly in the center to keep them flat. Heat up your grill and cook your burgers to the desired doneness.
- 3 oz Fontina Cheese
- 3 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese
Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Grate all of the cheese and combine in a bowl until the cheeses are blended. Form mounds on a silpat the same size as your patties or buns. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes in the oven until the crisps are golden brown and crunchy.
Slice your pineapple into 1/4 inch slices. Place on the grill until soft and a little charred. Enjoy!
Black Garlic Parmesan Chicken - Shared By BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Bake Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 3-5
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (herb mix)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Black Garlic, made into paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. Spaghetti noodles
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Peel 4-6 cloves of black garlic and mash into a paste. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt; mix thoroughly. Add black garlic paste and using your hands mix into the bread crumbs.
Blend egg and dip chicken breast in the egg, thoroughly roll the chicken breast in the bread crumbs. Place chicken breast in a greased 9x9 pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the chicken is done.
Change over to broil and add about a 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast. Serve the chicken breast atop a bed of spaghetti noodles covered with spaghetti sauce. Top off the chicken breast with some freshly chopped parsley.
Vegetarian Black Garlic Jalapeno Tomato Sandwich - Shared by BGNA Kicthen
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 3
- 1 Fresh Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño jam or jelly
- 3 English Muffins
- 6 Black Garlic cloves
Toast the English muffin to the desired crispness. Cut tomato into three 1/2" slices. Add about 1 tsp of jalapeno jam to each side of the toasted muffin. Smash 2 Black Garlic cloves with your fingers and place on one half of the muffin, finish spreading the black garlic over the entire muffin with a knife. Add a tomato slice and enjoy!!
*This recipe is excellent for those converted vegetarians who have the occasional craving for meat. The Black Garlic lends a savory flavor similar to having a slice of deli meat on the sandwich.
Vegetarian Black Garlic Nachos - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 6
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 5 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Black Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper for taste
- 1 (8 ounce) packages tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided into 2 equal parts
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup guacamole
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the onion, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread tortilla chips in a single layer onto a baking sheet, and spoon about 1 teaspoon of the tomato salsa onto each chip. Spread 1 cup of cheddar cheese over the nachos, top the chips with another teaspoon of salsa, and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole and black garlic.
Easy Black Garlic Chicken Burgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 teaspoons Black Garlic Puree
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Form into patties and pop on the grill. Cook through and enjoy!
Black Garlic Beef Stroganoff - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 35 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Black Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture, black garlic, sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, serve on top of noodles.
The New “Black Garlic BLT”- Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Servings: 3
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon
- 6 slices of rye bread
- Crispy fresh iceberg lettuce
- Black Garlic Puree
- Slice tomatoes
Cook bacon until crispy and lay on paper towels to absorb the oil. Toast bread and spread black garlic puree on one side of bread & mayo on the other. Lay tomatoes, lettuce and bacon on bread and add fresh pepper to taste!
stuffed Black Garlic Peppers - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 40 minutes | Servings 6-8
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 6 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Black Garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ground beef and cook 3-4 minutes. Add onion, zucchini, mushrooms & seasonings and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add marinara sauce and mix thoroughly.
Cut 4 bell peppers (orange, red or yellow) in half lengthwise removing seeds & veins.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spritz non-stick spray on baking dish and place peppers evenly.
Scoop meat mixture into peppers until it’s heaping full. Sprinkled Parmesan cheese and top with black garlic. Bake covered in tin foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes.
Fabulous Fish Tacos - Shared by Laurie,Pacific Palisades, CA
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings 4
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup of finely chopped lettuce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided evenly into 2 portions
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, sliced thinly
- 2 Black Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
Combine the onion, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Coat pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add tuna to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Divide tuna evenly among tortillas, place avocado slices and black garlic on top.
Black Garlic Monster Taste Baked Meatballs - Shared by Tommy, Madison, WI
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Bake Time: 25 – 30 minutes | Servings: 6-8
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-1/3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 egg, beaten
- 2 Black Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan, black pepper, garlic powder, black garlic and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store covered in refrigerator until needed.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spritz baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place meatballs on baking sheet evenly apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and slightly crispy. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Quick N' Easy Black Garlic Chicken Pot Pie - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Bake Time: 30 minutes | Servings 4-6
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 Black Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Heat oven to 400°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken, and soup. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate and bake for about 30 minutes or until crust golden brown. Serve hot.
Cheesy Spinach & Black Garlic Omelet - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings 3
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Black Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh spinach finely chopped
- ¼ cup of diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup of green onion
- Dash of salt to taste
- Sprinkle of pepper to taste
- Olive oil or cooking spray
Beat egg in bowl and mix parmesan, cheddar, black garlic together. In a skillet heat the olive oil (or spritz cooking spray to cover the skillet) over medium heat. Stir green onion, for about 3 minutes. Place spinach in skillet and cook until just wilted. Stir in diced tomatoes and add salt & pepper. Cook until egg mixture sets, 10 to 15 minutes.
Bewildering Bar-Be-Que Beef Short Ribs With Black Garlic - Shared by The PINTEREST COMMUNITY
Prep Time: 2 hours over 2 days | Cook Time: 3-4 hours over 2 days | Servings: 8-10
- 4 large beef short ribs (2.2kg in all)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- Pinch of salt for taste
- 1 liter beef stock
For the marinade
- 50g Black Garlic, peeled
- 20g harissa paste, homemade or shop-bought
- 15g pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp urfa chilli flakes (or other mild dried chilli flake)
- 50g tinned tomatoes
- 25ml whisky
- 15ml red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
Heat the oven to 260 degrees F. Put the ribs in a casserole with a lid, and add the peeled onion, three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt and stock – the ribs need to be immersed in liquid, so add more stock or water, if needed. Put the pot on a medium-high heat, bring to a light simmer, cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for four to four and a half hours, until the meat is completely tender. Remove the cooked ribs from the stock (you can save the stock for use in soups or sauces), and pull off the meat in large chunks, removing and discarding the bones and any excess fat.
While the beef is cooking, put the marinade ingredients in the small bowl or a food processor, add a teaspoon of salt and blitz to a very smooth paste. Transfer to a large, non-reactive bowl, add the meat and mix so it's well coated. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, heat the oven to 390 degrees F. Put a ridged griddle pan on a high heat and when it starts to smoke, lay on the pieces of beef; you may have to do this in batches. (You can, of course, also cook the meat on a barbecue outdoors.) Grill for two minutes, turning regularly so the meat takes on color and smoke on all sides, then transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for about 12 minutes, until warmed right through.
As always, leave the meat to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Triple Black Garlic Noodles - Shared by The PINTEREST COMMUNITY
Prep Time: 75 minutes (+overnight refrigeration) | Cook Time: 30 - 40 minutes | Servings: 2-4
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kansui
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Black Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small bok choy shredded
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- 2 scallions shredded
Put the flour in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix the water and kansui together, then add the mixture to the flour. Give the mixture a quick stir with a fork or chopsticks. Attach the bowl to your mixer and run on medium high speed for 10 minutes.
Press it all together into a ball. Flatten the ball and run it through the largest setting of your pasta roller a few times, folding it in half each time. When it starts rolling out smoother, fold it up into a square and wrap with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge overnight.
When you’re ready to cook it, prepare a large pot of boiling salted water. Flour the dough generously and roll it out to the 3 setting on your pasta roller. Cut the dough in half so you have two sheets of dough a little over 1 foot long and flour generously again. Use the spaghetti attachment to cut the pasta into long thin noodles, dusting them with flour as they are cut to keep them from sticking together. Boil the noodles until they are slightly firmer than the final consistency you want, since we will be stir frying them (a little less than one minute). Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce, honey, fish sauce, and white pepper. Heat a wok or cast iron skillet until very hot. Add the oil or butter and both garlics and stir-fry until the fresh garlic starts turning browning. Add the bok choy and give it a quick toss. Add the cooked noodles and sauce, and toss until the noodles are coated with sauce and the noodles are heated through.
* To speed up this recipe or if you do not have a pasta roller, use store-bought noodles!
Spaghettini, prawns, charred corn, green chilli, black garlic - Shared by the PINTEREST Community
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 6 Black Garlic cloves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 small hot green chillies
- 300 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 gm spaghettini
- 500 gm uncooked prawns, cleaned, chopped into small pieces
- 20 basil leaves, plus small basil leaves to garnish
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
Put a large saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta, and add 1 tbsp salt.
Heat a griddle pan or char-grill pan and grill the corn until charred all over (about 12 minutes). Slice the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
Slice the garlic cloves and chillies very thinly and put them in another large saucepan with the extra-virgin olive oil, but don’t heat it yet.
When the first pan of water is boiling, drop in the spaghettini and cook until al dente (4-5 minutes). While the pasta is cooking, heat the second pan over medium heat and, when the garlic starts to sizzle, add the prawn meat and stir with a wooden spoon until it is opaque. Strain the cooked pasta and add to the other pan, along with a little of the cooking water.
Add the basil and corn and toss together well. Add a little more water if the pasta is too dry. Season well with salt and pepper and juice from the lemons. Serve on a large platter and garnish with the small basil leaves.
Over-stuffed Bacon, Cheddar & Black Garlic Baked Potatoes - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Bake Time: 50 - 65 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed and dried
- olive oil
- 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon
- 2 Black Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat skins. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 55-65 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Cool until easy to handle.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 15 minutes or until crispy and brown. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Add onion; cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally. Cut a thin slice off top of each potato lengthwise; using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4" thick shells.
In a medium bowl, combine potato pulp, butter, and cream cheese. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter and cream cheese are melted. Add reserved bacon, onion, black garlic, 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, green onion, salt, and pepper; stir to combine well.
Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Return filled shells to prepared baking sheet. Return potatoes to oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and green onion if desired.
Gooey Baked Mac & Cheese With Black Garlic - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 45 minutes | Servings: 6-8
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion,
- 2 Black Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup of cheddar, shredded
- ¾ cup mozzarella shredded
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked. Whisk the egg and half and half together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and half and half and toss in black garlic. Stir well.
Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish. Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
Gooey Triple Cheese Black Garlic Thin Crust Pizza - Shared by BGNA Kitchen
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 12-15 minutes | Servings 8-10
For the Dough
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- .25 oz of instant (rapid-rise) yeast
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
For the Sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Toppings
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups shredded)
- 4 Black Garlic cloves, chopped
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Spread tomato sauce in a thin layer over the dough, then sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with black garlic. Pre-heat oven to 400 F and bake until the crust is well browned and the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Gemelli with Roasted Fennel & Black Garlic - Shared by the PINTEREST Community
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 1 box Gemelli pasta
- 2 heads fennel sliced thin and roasted
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Black Garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Jar Tomato and Basil Sauce to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Toss fennel with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper and roast on a sheet tray until slightly brown and soft. Bring large pot of water to a boil. In a large skillet, sauté sliced black garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Add roasted fennel and sauté for 1 minute, add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain reserving ½ cup cooking liquid and then adding the liquid to the sauce. Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add cheese, and toss well.
Black Garlic Soba Noodles - Shared by the PINTEREST COMMUNITY
Prep Time: 45 minuts | Cook Time: 25 - 30 minutes | Servings: 2-3
- 12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pound kale
- 4 Black Garlic cloves
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Soak the shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes, until softened. Drain the shiitakes and squeeze out the excess water. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
Separate the kale leaves from the stems. Chop the kale leaves. Save the stems for vegetable stock or discard. Minced the black garlic.
Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, chili sauce, sugar, and black vinegar.
Bring a medium pot of water to boil. (You can also do steps 2 and 3 simultaneously.) Add the soba noodles and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain under cool water, then toss with 1/2 of the sauce in a large bowl.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the black garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until aromatic. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale and cook for another 3 minutes, until wilted. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 of the sauce and stir to mix evenly. Remove from the heat and mix the vegetables with soba noodles. Transfer to a plate, sprinkle sesame seeds on top
Beans and Greens with Shallots, Black Garlic and Cranberries - Shared by the PINTEREST Community
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale (also known as Black Tuscan, or dinosaur or cavolo nero kale)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 4 Black Garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Bush’s Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat a pot of salted water until it boils. Wash kale leaves, remove and discard the central rib, and chop the kale. You should have about 5-6 cups, lightly packed. Add the kale to the boiling water and blanch it for 2-3 minutes. Strain the kale and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking. It should be bright green. Squeeze it with your hands to remove excess water and set it aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the fresh and black garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring frequently.
Increase the heat to medium and add the cooled kale, cranberries, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the beans and lemon juice, and heat through for another minute or two, stirring gently so you don’t mangle the beans. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking, adding more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed.
Transfer the mixture into a pretty serving dish if you’re serving family-style, or portion onto individual dinner plates if that is your preference. Pass grated Parmesan at the table for anyone who wants a sprinkle on top.
Black Garlic With Scallops - Shared by the PINTEREST community
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4-6
- 16 extra-large dry-packed scallops, patted very dry (about 1 ½ pounds)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Black Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeño pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
Heat a large frying pan with just 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, and when the butter is bubbling, gently lay the scallops in the pan, not touching. Sear the scallops and cook for 4 minutes, turning once. They should have a golden brown color on both sides. Transfer to a platter.
To the same hot pan on high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the garlic slices and the jalapeno pepper and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the white wine and the balsamic vinegar into the pan. Let simmer for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper and add the fresh parsley. Pour over scallops.