SALADS, Sauces & Sides
Black Garlic and Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette - BGNA Kitchen/Green City Market
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple cream
- 1 tbsp.black garlic puree
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
Blend all of the ingredients together EXCEPT for the OIL. Then pour the mixture into the oil and mix until emulsified.
Black Garlic Coleslaw - From the BGNA Kitchen
Prep time: 20 Min Total Time: 2 hours (including chilling time) Servings: 4-6
- 1 cup mayonnaise (substitute low-fat if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cloves of black garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of celery seed
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Add shredded cabbage and carrots. Served chilled.
Black Garlic Dip - From PINTEREST
- 1 8 oz. tub of cream cheese
- 1 8 oz. tub of sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp of horseradish
- 2 cloves black garlic all chopped up
- 3 stalks of chives chopped up
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything together except for chives and horseradish. You can use a food processor to do this and just throw the black garlic in without chopping it up first. Otherwise a hand mixer would work. Once mixed, stir in the chives and horseradish.
Black Garlic Vinaigrette - From PINTEREST
Prep Time: 1.5 hoursServings: Varies
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup black garlic cloves (available at grocery stores or Asian markets) or roasted garlic cloves
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
In a small saucepan, combine the mushrooms and the vinegar, and simmer over low heat until the vinegar becomes fragrant with mushroom aroma, about 1 hour.
Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
With your hands, squeeze the extra vinegar from the mushrooms back into the pan. Save the mushrooms for another use.
In a blender or food processor, purée the vinegar with the black garlic or roasted garlic, fresh garlic, brown sugar, kosher salt, and oil.
Transfer to a container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Black Garlic, black bean, red pepper, corn & quinoa - Shared by Michel C., Ottawa, Canada
Prep Time: 30 MinCook Time: 25 MinServings 4-6
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- half cup Quinoa, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Quarter teaspoon each of ground cumin and salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels (frozen ok)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (can use other color)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro/coriander
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 chopped clove of black garlic
- Fresh green leaf lettuce or spinach
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in 1 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa and stir until toasted (5min) stir in broth, cumin, salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 min until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat let stand covered for 5 min. Fluff with fork. While the quinoa is cooling, whisk together the remaining olive oil, the lime juice, black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the black beans, corn, red pepper, tomato, scallions, cilantro, parsleyand black garlic. Stir in the quinoa. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until 30 min before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce or spinach.