Pasta Al Pomodoro - Shared by PINTEREST
Servings: 6-8 Prep Time: 25-30 Min Cook Time: 20 Min
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 black garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 796 mL can plum tomatoes
- 450 gram package spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high. Add oil, then garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, breaking tomatoes into bite-sized chunks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly thickened, 10 to 12 min.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, until al dente. Drain.
- Add pasta to tomato sauce. Stir to coat. Remove from heat. Let stand until pasta absorbs sauce, 2 to 3 min. Sprinkle with basil and parmesan just before serving.
Black Garlic Burgers with Parmesan Crisps and Grilled Pineapple
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 3 lbs short ribs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Black Garlic Puree
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Start by cutting your meat into 1 inch cubes. Place the cubes on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and place into the freezer along with your food processor blade for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pulse the meat into the food processor until it is ground. Add your egg yolks, black garlic puree, salt and pepper, and mix to combine (see those delicious swirls of Black Garlic Puree in those patties?! YUM). Form your patties, and depress them slightly in the center to keep them flat. Heat up your grill and cook your burgers to the desired doneness.
- 3 oz Fontina Cheese
- 3 oz Pecorino Romano Cheese
Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Grate all of the cheese and combine in a bowl until the cheeses are blended. Form mounds on a silpat the same size as your patties or buns. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes in the oven until the crisps are golden brown and crunchy.
Slice your pineapple into 1/4 inch slices. Place on the grill until soft and a little charred. Enjoy!
Black Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (herb mix)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Black Garlic made into paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. Spaghetti noodles
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Peel 4-6 cloves of black garlic and mash into a paste. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt; mix thoroughly. Add black garlic paste and using your hands mix into the bread crumbs. Blend egg and dip chicken breast in the egg, thoroughly roll the chicken breast in the bread crumbs. Place chicken breast in a greased 9x9 pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the chicken is done. Change over to broil and add about a 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese to each chicken breast. Serve the chicken breast atop a bed of spaghetti noodles covered with spaghetti sauce. Top off the chicken breast with some freshly chopped parsley.
Black Garlic Jalapeno Tomato Sandwich
- 1 Fresh Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeño jam or jelly
- 3 English Muffins
- 6 Cloves Black Garlic
- (make 3 sandwiches)
Toast the English muffin to the desired crispness. Cut tomato into three 1/2" slices. Add about 1 tsp of jalapeno jam to each side of the toasted muffin. Smash 2 Black Garlic cloves with your fingers and place on one half of the muffin, finish spreading the black garlic over the entire muffin with a knife. Add a tomato slice and enjoy!!
This recipe is excellent for those converted vegetarians who have the occasional craving for meat. The Black Garlic lends a savory flavor similar to having a slice of deli meat on the sandwich.
Black Garlic Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 teaspoons Black Garlic Puree
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Form into patties and pop on the grill. Cook through and enjoy!
Fit-For-A-King Black Garlic Beef Stroganoff, Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time:35 MinCook Time: 30 Min Servings: 4-6
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 clove of black garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Drain the fat and add the soup and garlic powder. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and combine the meat mixture, black garlic, sour cream, stirring well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
The New “BG BLT”, Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 15 minutes Servings: 3
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon
- 6 slices of rye bread
- Crispy fresh iceberg lettuce
- Black Garlic Puree
- Slice tomatoes
Cook bacon until crispy and lay on paper towels to absorb the oil. Toast bread and spread black garlic puree on one side of bread & mayo on the other. Lay tomatoes, lettuce and bacon on bread and add fresh pepper to taste!
Overstuffed Black Garlic Peppers, Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 40 min Servings 6-8
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 6 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of black garlic, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoon of parmesan cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ground beef and cook 3-4 minutes. Add onion, zucchini, mushrooms & seasonings and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Add marinara sauce and mix thoroughly. Cut 4 bell peppers (orange, red or yellow) in half lengthwise removing seeds & veins. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spritz non-stick spray on baking dish and place peppers evenly. Scoop meat mixture into peppers until it’s heaping full. Sprinkled Parmesan cheese and top with black garlic. Bake covered in tin foil for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes.
Fabulous Fish Tacos - Shared by Laurie, Pacific Palisades, CA
Prep Time: 20 Min Cook Time: 10 MinServings 4
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup of finely chopped lettuce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided evenly into 2 portions
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of black garlic chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
Combine the onion, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Coat pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle tuna with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add tuna to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut tuna into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Divide tuna evenly among tortillas, place avocado slices and black garlic on top.
Black Garlic Monster Taste Baked Meatballs, Shared by Tommy, Madison, WI
Prep Time: 30 Min Bake Time: 25 – 30 Min Servings: 6-8
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1-1/3 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves of crushed black garlic
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan, black pepper, garlic powder, black garlic and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store covered in refrigerator until needed. If using immediately, pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Spritz baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place meatballs on baking sheet evenly apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and slightly crispy. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Black Garlic Chicken Pot-Pie In-A-Hurry, Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 15 min Bake Time: 30 min Servings 4-6
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cloves of finely chopped black garlic
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
Heat oven to 400°F. In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken, and soup. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate and bake for about 30 minutes or until crust golden brown. Serve hot.
Extraordinary Black Garlic Nachos - Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 30 min Cook Time: 20 min Servings: 6
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 5-1/4 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of black garlic chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-1/4 lime, juiced
- 1-1/4 pinches salt and black pepper for taste
- 1-1/4 (8 ounce) packages tortilla chips
- 2-2/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided into 2 equal parts
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup guacamole
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the onion, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread tortilla chips in a single layer onto a baking sheet, and spoon about 1 teaspoon of the tomato salsa onto each chip. Spread 1 cup of cheddar cheese over the nachos, top the chips with another teaspoon of salsa, and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake the nachos in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbling, about 5 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream, guacamole and black garlic.
Cheesy Spinach & Black Garlic Omelet - Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 10 Min Servings 3
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 chopped clove of black garlic
- 1 cup of fresh spinach finely chopped
- ¼ cup of diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup of green onion
- Dash of salt to taste
- Sprinkle of pepper to taste
- Olive oil or cooking spray
Beat egg in bowl and mix parmesan, cheddar, black garlic together. In a skillet heat the olive oil (or spritz cooking spray to cover the skillet) over medium heat. Stir green onion, for about 3 minutes. Place spinach in skillet and cook until just wilted. Stir in diced tomatoes and add salt & pepper. Cook until egg mixture sets, 10 to 15 minutes.
Bewildering Bar-Be-Que Beef Short Ribs With Black Garlic - From The PINTEREST COMMUNITY
Prep Time: 2 hours over 2 days Cook Time: 3-4 hours over 2 days Servings: 8-10
- 4 large beef short ribs (2.2kg in all)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- Pinch of salt for taste
- 1 litre beef stock
For the marinade
- 50g peeled black garlic
- 20g harissa paste, homemade or shop-bought
- 15g pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp urfa chilli flakes (or other mild dried chilli flake)
- 50g tinned tomatoes
- 25ml whisky
- 15ml red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
Heat the oven to 260F. Put the ribs in a casserole for which you have a lid, and add the peeled onion, three-quarters of a teaspoon of salt and stock – the ribs need to be immersed in liquid, so add more stock or water, if need be. Put the pot on a medium-high heat, bring to a light simmer, cover and transfer to the oven. Cook for four to four and a half hours, until the meat is completely tender. Remove the cooked ribs from the stock (you can save the stock for use in soups or sauces), and pull off the meat in large chunks, removing and discarding the bones and any excess fat. While the beef is cooking, put the marinade ingredients in the small bowl or a food processor, add a teaspoon of salt and blitz to a very smooth paste. Transfer to a large, non-reactive bowl, add the meat and mix so it's well coated. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, heat the oven to 390F. Put a ridged griddle pan on a high heat and, when it starts to smoke, lay on the pieces of beef; you may have to do this in batches. (You can, of course, also cook the meat on a barbecue outdoors.) Grill for two minutes, turning regularly so the meat takes on color and smoke on all sides, then transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for about 12 minutes, until warmed right through. As always, leave the meat to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Triple Black Garlic Noodles - From The PINTEREST COMMUNITY
Prep Time: 30 min Servings: 2-4
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kansui
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cloves fermented black garlic, minced
- 2 small bok choy shredded
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- 2 scallions shredded
Put the flour in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook. Mix the water and kansui together, then add the mixture to the flour. Give the mixture a quick stir with a fork or chopsticks. Attach the bowl to your mixer and run on medium high speed for 10 minutes. Press it all together into a ball. Flatten the ball and run it through the largest setting of your pasta roller a few times, folding it in half each time. When it starts rolling out smoother, fold it up into a square and wrap with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to cook it, prepare a large pot of boiling salted water. Flour the dough generously and roll it out to the 3 setting on your pasta roller. Cut the dough in half so you have two sheets of dough a little over 1 foot long and flour generously again. Use the spaghetti attachment to cut the pasta into long thin noodles, dusting them with flour as they are cut to keep them from sticking together. Boil the noodles until they are slightly firmer than the final consistency you want, since we will be stir frying them (a little less than one minute). Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce, honey, fish sauce, and white pepper. Heat a wok or cast iron skillet until very hot. Add the oil or butter and both garlics and stir-fry until the fresh garlic starts turning browning. Add the bok choy and give it a quick toss. Add the cooked noodles and sauce, and toss until the noodles are coated with sauce and the noodles are heated through. Serve immediately.
Spaghettini, prawns, charred corn, green chilli, black garlic - From the PINTEREST Community
Prep Time: 30 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Servings: 4-6
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 6 black garlic cloves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 small hot green chillies
- 300 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 gm spaghettini
- 500 gm uncooked prawns, cleaned, chopped into small pieces
- 20 basil leaves, plus small basil leaves to garnish
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
Put a large saucepan of water on to boil for the pasta, and add 1 tbsp salt. Heat a griddle pan or char-grill pan and grill the corn until charred all over (about 12 minutes). Slice the kernels off the cob with a sharp knife. Slice the garlic cloves and chillies very thinly and put them in another large saucepan with the extra-virgin olive oil, but don’t heat it yet. When the first pan of water is boiling, drop in the spaghettini and cook until al dente (4-5 minutes). While the pasta is cooking, heat the second pan over medium heat and, when the garlic starts to sizzle, add the prawn meat and stir with a wooden spoon until it is opaque. Strain the cooked pasta and add to the other pan, along with a little of the cooking water. Add the basil and corn and toss together well. Add a little more water if the pasta is too dry. Season well with salt and pepper and juice from the lemons. Serve on a large platter and garnish with the small basil leaves.
Over-stuffed Bacon, Cheddar & Black Garlic Baked Potatoes - Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 25 Min Bake Time: 50 - 65 Min Servings: 4-6
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed and dried
- olive oil
- 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon
- 2 cloves of black garlic chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rub potatoes with olive oil to coat skins. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for approximately 55-65 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Cool until easy to handle. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 15 minutes or until crispy and brown. Remove bacon and crumble; set aside. Add onion; cook, covered, over medium-high heat for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally. Cut a thin slice off top of each potato lengthwise; using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4" thick shells. In a medium bowl, combine potato pulp, butter, and cream cheese. Using a potato masher, mash potato mixture until butter and cream cheese are melted. Add reserved bacon, onion, black garlic, 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, green onion, salt, and pepper; stir to combine well. Spoon potato mixture into potato shells. Return filled shells to prepared baking sheet. Return potatoes to oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional crumbled bacon and green onion if desired.
Gooey Baked Mac & Cheese With Black Garlic - Shared by BGNA Kitchen Staff
Prep Time: 20 Min Bake Time: 45 Min Servings: 6-8
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion,
- 2 cloves of black garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 large egg
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup of cheddar, shredded
- ¾ cup mozzarella shredded
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish. In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked. Whisk the egg and half and half together in a large cup. Add butter and cheese to the egg and half and half and toss in black garlic. Stir well. Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish. Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.
Gooey Triple Cheese Black Garlic Thin Crust Pizza
Prep Time: 24 HoursCook Time: 12-15 MinServings 8-10
For the Dough:
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- .25 oz of instant (rapid-rise) yeast
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
For the Sauce:
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Toppings:
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups shredded)
- 4 cloves of chopped black garlic
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Spread tomato sauce in a thin layer over the dough, then sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with black garlic. Pre-heat oven to 400 F and bake until the crust is well browned and the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
Gemelli with Roasted Fennel & Black Garlic - From PINTEREST
- 1 box BARILLA Gemelli
- 2 heads fennel sliced thin and roasted
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves black garlic sliced
- 1 Jar Barilla Tomato and Basil Sauce to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Toss fennel with 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper and roast on a sheet tray until slightly brown and soft. Bring large pot of water to a boil. In a large skillet, sauté sliced black garlic in olive oil for 1 minute. Add roasted fennel and sauté for 1 minute, add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain reserving ½ cup cooking liquid and then adding the liquid to the sauce. Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add cheese, and toss well.
Black Garlic Soba Noodles - From PINTEREST COMMUNITY
- 12 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pound kale
- 4 cloves black garlic
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes, until softened. Drain the shiitakes and squeeze out the excess water. Discard the stems and thinly slice the mushroom caps.
- Separate the kale leaves from the stems. Chop the kale leaves. Save the stems for vegetable stock or discard. Minced the black garlic.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, chili sauce, sugar, and black vinegar.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. (You can also do steps 2 and 3 simultaneously.) Add the soba noodles and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain under cool water, then toss with 1/2 of the sauce in a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the black garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until aromatic. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the kale and cook for another 3 minutes, until wilted. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 of the sauce and stir to mix evenly. Remove from the heat and mix the vegetables with soba noodles. Transfer to a plate, sprinkle sesame seeds on top
Beans and Greens with Shallots, Black Garlic and Cranberries - Shared from PINTEREST
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale (also known as Black Tuscan, or dinosaur or cavolo nero kale)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely minced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 4 cloves black garlic finely minced
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can Bush’s Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat a pot of salted water until it boils. Wash kale leaves, remove and discard the central rib, and chop the kale. You should have about 5-6 cups, lightly packed. Add the kale to the boiling water and blanch it for 2-3 minutes. Strain the kale and rinse it under cold water to stop the cooking. It should be bright green. Squeeze it with your hands to remove excess water and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the fresh and black garlic and sauté for a minute, stirring frequently.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the cooled kale, cranberries, season with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the beans and lemon juice, and heat through for another minute or two, stirring gently so you don’t mangle the beans. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking, adding more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer the mixture into a pretty serving dish if you’re serving family-style, or portion onto individual dinner plates if that is your preference. Pass grated Parmesan at the table for anyone who wants a sprinkle on top.
- Serves 4-6.
Black Garlic With Scallops - Shared by PINTEREST
- 16 extra-large dry-packed scallops, patted very dry (about 1 ½ pounds)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves black garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeño pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
Heat a large frying pan with just 2 tablespoons of the butter over high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, and when the butter is bubbling, gently lay the scallops in the pan, not touching. Sear the scallops and cook for 4 minutes, turning once. They should have a golden brown color on both sides. Transfer to a platter.
To the same hot pan on high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the garlic slices and the jalapeno pepper and fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the white wine and the balsamic vinegar into the pan. Let simmer for 1 minute, season with salt and pepper and add the fresh parsley. Pour over scallops.